CCK knives

If I remember correctly, J&W Restaurant Inc has the following models:

KF1101, KF1102(Kitchen Slicer)
KF1501, KF1502 (BBQ Chopper)

Good luck.

I’ve picked up the small slicer and kau kong chopper at the Toronto store on a couple of visits to the city. I find I often use the small slicer as it’s a nice size, comfortable, very sharp. A really nice knife. I also have a larger Sugimoto OMS #6 slicer though, which operates on a more elevated level I would say.

Do you know of other Chinese cleavers from either the mainland or Taiwan that are available and good quality?

Hey Chem,

Nice cleavers. I don’t have Chinese cleaver, but it is high on my kitchen knife wishlist However CCK prices have gone up some to where I was just thinking about ponying up a little more and just picking up a Japanese made one. I’m thinking better steel and F&F.

What is your take on that and what about the grind on the CCK compared to a Japanese one? Any Japanese Cleaver recommendations? or do you think I should just go with the standard thin blade CCK?

Very good point, and I think a lot of people make that argument too. CCK small slicer is $70 and large slicer is $100.

Suien large cleavers are about $160. Once you go above that, then there are a lot of $300+ cleavers.

I think Suien is a good alternative to the CCK. CCK profile is very nice and the steel isn’t bad (though unknown). The steel is easy to sharpen and hold up relatively well. The fit and finish is not good, especially at the handle area.

I updated on the other thread, but figure to have a short one here.
Another CCK knife seller. This one is at San Francisco Chinatown at Chase International Trading (大通) at 732 Sacramento St, San Francisco.

2 Likes

Congrats on your new knives! :slight_smile:

I don’t need more, but they can be great gifts (later).

1 Like