Catering Thanksgiving Dinner tri state

I was looking for an existing thread to post this info but couldn’t find an appropriate one. I have started a new one because the meal we had warrants mentioning. We spent the holiday upstate several years ago and our dinner was vile, we felt so cheated.
We decided to stop at big W’s on our way back down to Westchester to pick up some decent food. We were going for the usual brisket and ribs but TG dinner was available and we went for it. Warren is known to have the best smoked chicken period so it’s no surprise that his turkey was off the charts as well. The turkey was one of the best I have ever had … just the right amount of smoke it did not overwhelm the flavor of the turkey at all, just enhanced it and the meat was incredibly moist. The skin was not crisp due the bird having been smoked, but it was wonderful just the same … I would do it again if we were closer. The sides are terrific too, just skip the coleslaw, it is nothing special. I can’t post a TG thread without mention of the whipped turnips from C Town, Country Market in Eastchester, maybe my favorite side of all time and beyond description spectacular. Think butter, cream, velvety smooth, perfectly whipped with just the right amount of sweetness perfection

Posted by the business this week

Our take out dinner

7 Likes

I’m drooling! It looks so good!!

1 Like

Oh wow!!! This beats fried turkey by a mile!! Warren is a legend! Thanks for posting!!

1 Like

Lol, when TG dinner delivers itself, you can’t make this up … this is what I saw when I pulled into my driveway yesterday. They meandered through the yard, could not have cared less about me. I have to figure out how to upload the video … hilarious

1 Like

[quote=“chowdom, post:1, topic:15256”]
I can’t post a TG thread without mention of the whipped turnips from C Town, Country Market in Eastchester, maybe my favorite side of all time and beyond description spectacular. Think butter, cream, velvety smooth, perfectly whipped with just the right amount of sweetness perfection
[/quote
I ordered a small tray of the turnips this year from C TOWN … unfortunately I was really disappointed because they were nothing like the turnips I had last year. I did change the pick up date, not sure if that had anything to do with it. I can not recommend any longer, because what I got although good were just mashed orangy turnips, not what I had in previous years. I found a picture of the whipped turnips I wrote about :cry:

I think I’m done recommending anything … consistency seems to be an issue with so many places