Caresse Antillaise

There’s a new Haitian place that opened a few months ago in NDG (Sherbrooke and Cavendish), Caresse Antillaise. I highly recommend it, I had the Griot with rice and plantains. They fry the meat on the spot as opposed to some other places around town that have it sitting in a steam tray pre-fried. They left a nice little layer of fat on the pork, just enough for some added flavor. Even their rice and beans were super fresh as again I find most places can’t even get the rice cooked properly or it’s been sitting around too long.

The owners/staff were extremely hospitable, the place is spotless and the price for a small Griot was $5 which came with about six good chunks of pork, plenty of rice, a fried plantain and the two sauces that typically accompany these dishes (sorry, I don’t know what they are called). Plenty of space to sit and eat in if you don’t want to take it to go.

Sorry to go off topic here but there was a post I started in the original Montreal section that didn’t migrate to this new one, its still in the World section. Post is, Caresse Antillaise. There may be a few others that didn’t transfer.

NP!

Welcome back!

:grin:

Moved- I missed that one, and that’s the only one. Thanks for flagging.