beyond meat burgers

Because the question was about what fake meats taste like meats, not whether humans can be sustained on fake meat alone?

DHA, in addition to being present in numerous foods, is also easily supplemented. It’s kind of a hot trend right now in fact.

I’m eating an Ottolenghi recipe chicken salad right now. It doesn’t taste like beef either.

Though if you’re referencing the GA Guidestones, weren’t you already talking to rocks? Though keys to point 1: Eat mindfully, don’t have more than one child, educate women, and preach birth control.

We don’t need an Illuminati tricking us with fake meat. Places where those principles are implemented causes the local birth rate to plummet. Mission accomplished.

To the original question, haven’t had BM but heard good things; have had fine experiences with Impossible meat, but haven’t had the cojones to try it as a “rare hamburger” alternative yet.

For the human brain, if cattle went extinct tomorrow, we’d be perfectly fine. Slightly unhappier, but healthwise, a little better off.

7 Likes
3 Likes

What happened in 2020?

1 Like

Homemade turkey burgers are on the menu this week. SIL’s recipe. We haven’t had them in ages, will report back.

1 Like

I removed a number of unhelpful responses from a particular user, and because of that I also removed the replies to them.

11 Likes

How do you do that?

1 Like

They’re a mod.

3 Likes

Got it, thanks! Have a great trip.

1 Like

Aww - and just when I had a good one in there!

J/k :joy:

1 Like

Gosh, you’re good.

Why do you think there is an agenda out to eliminate meat? I’m certain there are plenty of individuals who might take that stand, but I’ve never seen the industry of plant based foods as having a goal to replace and eliminate meat. They advocate to reduce the amount of meat for various environmental and health reasons.

I enjoy both and have no intention of becoming exclusively one or the other. This is true of a lot of vegetarian food too. I know many people who enjoy both, and no single side is forcing a choice of one over the other. There are passionate cucumbers on both sides. This is like saying if you enjoy a vegetarian pizza, you better never let me catch you eating one with pepperoni.

2 Likes

It would appear that Mr. Hungryman had to take his conspiracy theories elsewhere.

8 Likes

Understandable. It was starting to feel like the middle of a QAnon chat.

9 Likes

It was funny while it lasted. :slight_smile:

1 Like

(post deleted by author)

2 Likes

I don’t know if this was intentional, but it sure made me smile

2 Likes

Now I REALLY want there to be a HO user with the screen name of Passionate Cucumber.

Digression: My all-time favorite foodie handle was Keyser Saucier, on Chowhound. They used the tropes of the film in their CH profile, stuff like “the blood of my enemies” as favorite beverage, but only posted one single, brilliant comment, then vanished forever. Living the legend, I guess!

3 Likes

This is when I gave the guy a wide berth.

“I’m Catholic as well. Sicilian. Had god parents. Am a god parent. Father worked for Joe Bonanno. Started as a numbers runner at 12. Then became an Enforcer (Bill collector for the laymen). I will stop there.
People pick and choose on this playfield. No uniformity.”

1 Like

I missed that, but given the nature of his posts, I doubt his claims hold water.

1 Like

Lol, that is the joy of trying to swype on a mobile phone with inane autocorrect, but it’s sooo much better with cucumber! :cucumber: :rofl::rofl:

5 Likes