Best 44 Pasta Dishes in NJ.......(per Peter Genovese)

I want Genovese’s job when he retires. Anyway list speaks for itself some local favorites in there. @seal @CurlzNJ @corvette_johnny I know each of your local favorite spots are mentioned. No Jimmy’s or LaGriglia (although they don’t serve a lot of pasta) on the list for me, I really can’t stand Brando’s in AP, they must be a big APP advertiser, they seem to make every list.

1 Like

I couldn’t get the page to load past the first five dishes (typical for NJ.com), but this is probably a good thing. That first pic of the osso bucco gave me hunger pangs.

1 Like

That’s a known problem with the SL website.

Nice that Pasta Volo made the list.
Porta used to do a a risotto version of the bootzin which was fantastic but they quit doing it

1 Like

It seems like 80% of the pasta dishes are ‘red sauce’ pasta dishes. Some of my favorite pasta dishes are:

Laurel & Sage’s amazing squid ink linguine with lobster, scallops, shrimp, tomato concasse, and turmeric bouillabaisse.

Viaggio Kabocha squash cappellacci, with crispy sage, almonds, hazelnuts, in a brown butter sauce.

I also love the handmade filet mignon ravioli in truffle butter sauce at Cafe Panache. I don’t have a good picture, but it’s decadent.

3 Likes

I was just back at Via45 again Sunday and everything was great as usual. There aren’t many places I can honestly say I’ve never had a bad dish.

I liked a few others too, but the really special pasta dish at Scalini Fedeli in Chatham is the mushroom ravioli with a porcini and black truffle cream sauce.

4 Likes