Berlin Eatz Summer 2022 [Berlin, Germany]

Maple syrup and nuts instead of honey and nuts in yogurt is another Greek Canadianization.

Also Chicken Franzolaki / Frajolaki, which is Greek Saskatchewanian chicken souvlaki on a bun instead of inside a pita .

Dinner at the Sicilian restaurant Aromi e Sapori.

Had to get the caponata, of course, which was good, despite the melted slice of pecorino on top (wut?), but not as good as mine, and far too large a portion for an antipasto.

To keep things on the lighter side, we opted for carpaccio instead of vitello tonnato. When I was a young spring onion, I used to think carpaccio was the shiznit, but have come to realize that it’s a waste of good meat. It’s almost always served too cool, and raw meat just down’t have that much flavor :woman_shrugging:

Mains were fantastic carbonara (too much of it, but I soldiered on, regretfully)

& fabulous paccheri with braised beef and burrata (also too much).

Bonus: we happened to sit next to a famous German actor who was on the cast of Babylon Berlin. Ironically, it was my American dining partner who recognized him, not me. Oops.

4 Likes

Do they have a menu? Just curious what kind of “Sicilian” dishes they have.

I have 2 good Sicilian cookery books. Sicilians eat a lot of cheeses from their island. Even with fish and other seafood. They also eat raw prawns and sea urchins (though not with cheese).

(post deleted by author)