[Austin] Trip recommendations

I’m leaving for a one week stay in Austin. Welcoming any and all recommendations: tea, coffee, dimsum, ice cream, Bangladeshi food, doughnuts, tacos, upscale, lowscale, etc.

2 Likes

Breakfast tacos!!! Not sure where. Austin is on my wishlist!

1 Like

My info is a few years old now and probably basic anyway but I really liked Veracruz All Natural for breakfast tacos, Mickelthwait and La BBQ for BBQ (didn’t hassle with Franklin’s), Valentina’s for BBQ tacos, Batch for beer and kolaches, and the IPAs at Pinthouse.

If you have the time and the interest Jester King was definitely worth the drive out into Hill Country - it’s pretty, and the beer is amazing.

3 Likes

Some of the best coffee I’ve ever had was from Cafe Medici, the Clarksville location. It’s my first and last stops when in town.

4 Likes

Hand pulled noodles at Chen, didn’t get, got scallion pancakes, which were flaky, oily, crispy

6 Likes

Trader Joe’s

4 Likes

Dinner at fat dragon

9 Likes

Warm tortillas at la gloria in a side tour at San Antonio

5 Likes

I think my favorite thing was the queso

8 Likes

La gloria in San Antonio fish tacos and bean and avocado tostado

10 Likes

Austin’s mueller sundays farmers market

4 Likes

Enjoying this no water popsicle, got mango passion fruit, (the person right in front of me bought the last strawberry lemonade)

7 Likes

Tamales addiction, no LARD! Amazing salsas

7 Likes

That’s amazing! When I’m in San Diego I’m always on the hunt for these, because my vegetarian nephews love tamales but even the sweet corn and vegetarian ones usually have lard in the masa.

2 Likes

Everything looks delicious! Thanks for sharing your trip!

1 Like

If you are still there, look up Foreign and Domestic, that restaurant in Austin is frequently highlighted as one of the best in Austin.

2 Likes

Medici roasters serve the art of tea; English breakfast

3 Likes

Poblano Tamale photo

5 Likes

Don’t hate me because I went to an Osaka chain. Beard papa’s

5 Likes

Chen’s

Lamb skewers

Beef soup noodle (hand pulled noodles)

6 Likes