Asbury Park Festhalle & Beirgarten Asbury Park, NJ

As I’m telling my wife about the “Ho’s” having my back on contacting an owner she told me something else the manager did that was spiteful. As stated we had at least a dozen of the large group pretzels for everyone to share, we requested if they would cut the pretzels to make it easier to share. The manager responded no it’s not their policy that’s their signature item. WTF is that???

I have no horse in this race, but I can say that since moving down here, the Biergarten has consistently been one of the few restaurants where I felt there was actual management interest and oversight. While I don’t know about the hostesses, their bartenders and servers are usually REALLY good (not easy to find around here) , and Jen isn’t a backer or silent partner; I’ve seen her almost every time I’ve been there, and she’s 150% involved. Hoping that’s who Roland knows (I don’t), as this just doesn’t sound like the place I’ve come to know (and fwiw, I’m hardly a regular–not even monthly).

1 Like

Yes we are friends with Jen, she actually sang at our wedding, that’s how we first met her

2 Likes

Checks @NotJrvedivici s six and takes post, adjusts mirrored wraparound sunglasses, and tries to look like Samuel L Jackson.
:sunglasses:

1 Like

How bizarre. Seems like they just did all of that because they can. Children vs. “Obvious children”? What kind of legalese is that? A child is a child is a child.

There are kids in The Globe every once in a while. And they have a bouncer. Ages range from very small to teen (they get a lot of hockey players from the nearby rink). They must sit at a table, not the bar, but given everything is just in one room, it’s not a huge deal.

1 Like

And the truth is that plenty of places in AP give out wristbands–sometimes to those who aren’t legal, sometimes only to those who are, and sometimes, different colors to each. Easy solution.

2 Likes

They marked both her hands with black X’s on them. One of the things the bouncer said as he was going to throw her out that she tried to wash the X’s off. In fairness I didn’t see them before so I cannot tell if she did or not, there were two X’s there.

Your entire experience there sounds like an episode on reality tv. Crazy.

4 Likes

I guess this place got flooded in Jan, has yet to re-open. Does anyone know if they plan to?

They did - the entire lower floor below the restaurant was taken out -here’s video from their surveillance cameras. That’s the reason House of Independents closed, too - they shared a common hallway space.

The APFB has publicly said they’re closer to opening, though - they’ve been posting updates on Instagram and the last one was a month ago - they had the beer cooling system going in. That’s a long way of saying YES - they plan to reopen this spring.

2 Likes

I knew you know what’s up with that and holy crap with that video!

RIGHT??? So scary to see that! And in today’s APP, here’s a more official update…

1 Like