April 2022 Cookbook of the Month - NOMINATIONS

Reviving @MelMM’s suggestion (last month) of LAND OF FISH AND RICE by Fuchsia Dunlop.

1 Like

BLACK FOOD by Bryant Terry

LAND OF FISH AND RICE (thanks, PP)

I also want to throw in FLAVORS OF THE SUN: The Sahadi’s Guide to Understanding, Buying and Using Middle Eastern Ingredients. This might be too similar to the current COTM to be appealing for April, but I want to keep it on the radar. I actually think it is the better book.

1 Like

:bulb::bulb: thank you.

I just bought this one and would love to dive in:

GRAINS FOR EVERY SEASON

LAND OF FISH AND RICE is what I am nominating (the website seems to be forcing me to write a complete sentence in order to save).

Yes, I tried to just give a book title and it was telling me it wasn’t a complete sentence. @naf is this something that can be changed?

1 Like

OK, I get what you mean, I think it’s because the usage of all caps. We will look into that.

Perhaps meanwhile, can you post like

TITLE OF THE BOOK by Author B

1 Like

KOREAN VEGAN
LAND OF FISH AND RICE
COOK REAL HAWAI’I by Sheldon Simeon
LA SON: MY LIFE, MY CITY, MY FOOD by Roy Choi

1 Like

I hope to be back in my own kitchen in April, so I’m following along here.

Would be fun to cook together from a cookbook again!

(@Rooster sorry for all the confusion — without the Chowhound reference point I can see how all the messages and threads would be a bit much and very confusing… but I do think you’ll enjoy some of the recurring threads once they take root and things and people settle.)

COOKING FROM YOUR PANTRY / Nancy Silverton

COOK EAT REPEAT / Nigella Lawson

COOKING AT HOME / David Chang

2 Likes

Thanks, M.

MAMUSHKA by Olia Hercules.

Olia is a Ukrainian chef who is now based in the U.K. Her parents and other relatives are still in Ukraine, in Kharkiv and Kyiv. She has started a fundraising initiative #cookforukraine (money raised goes to UNICEF) and it would be great if we could support her in a small way. It’s also a pretty good book which has been nominated previously I think.

More info here:

4 Likes

REAL CAJUN by Donald Link

SIMPLE THAI FOOD
COOK EAT REPEAT

I’m also getting the “not a complete sentence” message.

REAL CAJUN - I have been wanting to explore this book for ages!

1 Like

MAMUSHKA by Olia Hercules

1 Like

COOK, EAT, REPEAT by Nigella Lawson

I’m very interested in Korean Vegan (note: not a nomination) but it currently has 10 holds on it at my library. Maybe once it isn’t so new?

1 Like

Same here. I put Korean Vegan on hold, but there are 15 people ahead of me in the queue. I couldn’t do this month’s book because it wasn’t available so am hoping that next month’s book will be easier to get.

1 Like

Agreed. I am still waiting for this month’s book to arrive. It won’t be in time for March, that’s for sure.

1 Like