Aldi - Deals!

Find a good deal?

Mention your area too!

Raleigh, NC

Kerrygold cheese is back for $3.49! There were four varieties (2 cheddar, 1 gouda-ish, and another I have never seen with a blue label but can’t recall).

Well this is good news

http://www.msn.com/en-us/money/companies/aldi-raises-stakes-in-us-price-war-with-wal-mart/ar-BBB0eGk?li=BBmkt5R&ocid=spartandhp

1 Like

Love Aldi here in Houston.

Some of my faves:

Milk and Eggs. Same quality, great prices. Includes Half n Half, yogurt, cream cheese, etc.

Chips. The Kettle style Jalapeno and BBQ are very good. I recently picked up a bag of Maui Onion flavor that rang up at $0.25. Steal.

Chocolate. The Sea Salt Caramels are some of the best caramels I’ve ever had. The bite sized Peanut Butter Cups are great. The Choceur brand stuff is pretty much excellent.

Zipper and storage bags.

Pasta.

Boxed mac n cheese, (3 for $1).

Cheeses.

Condiments, (Mustards, Pickled Peppers, Ketchup, etc.)

Chicken and Beef Stock.

Solid White Tuna.

California Ranch OIive Oil, (975 ML for $10)

Produce is hit or miss. Some great deals sometimes.

I rarely buy their meats, but frankly I have some great choices nearby.

Canned beans, tomatoes, and veggies.

Aldi $8 wine ranked a winner.

Houston Chronicle

I’ll be looking for it today.

Report back, please. The sangria I tried was awful.

Not in stock. Half the shelves in the wine section were barren. Maybe a new shipment is due in.

Definitely the solid white tuna … it’s way better than almost all of the supermarket brands
and it’s some ridiculous price, is it even over a dollar … I don’t remember?

1 Like

I think it’s like $1.09 here in Houston.

Really is pretty good.

1 Like

Meyer’s Lemons, $2.49 for a bag of 6-7! Perfect timing since I need to replenish my preserved lemons. These are quite brief in my area and usually hard to find so I was a very happy camper to spot them.

https://www.purewow.com/search?q=aldi

While researching Aldi products, I found this site that has a section dedicated to announcing Aldi products and impressions. Like TJ’s, I thought fellow Aldi shoppers might find the link useful.

And remember, Aldi’s offers a double back guarantee. If you don’t like an item, you can bring it back, get it replaced, AND get your money back!

1 Like

There are lots of caveats with that guarantee. I use it once a month, but I dread having to do it. With Trader Joe’s, it’s almost a joy to return things.

1 Like

There’s a 24 day Imported Cheese calendar at Aldi’s that’s a good change from the chocolate calendars. Not the best cheese, but solid quality. The kid is loving it, has one every day. I think it has 4 cheeses total that they rotate.

(Sorry, this may be the wrong thread for this. I thought there was a YayNay for Aldi, but can’t find it right now.)

TJ returns are simple plus they let you sample products before you buy in many cases. Aldi has never offered a sample or tried such a setup but I have returned a few things and had no trouble doing so. Must depend on the staff, not the policy.

No, it’s the policy. The staff weren’t enforcing the policy before, but now they are. I was annoyed at first, but I checked with corporate and the policy is as follows: you can only replace with another double guarantee (i.e., ALDI private label) product and that product must be the same type. (Obviously, the replacement item should cost the same or less than the original purchase, too.) For example, if I return an ALDI-label Manchego cheese and use the double guarantee to replace it with a Dubliner-branded cheese, that is not allowed. If I return the Manchego cheese and try to replace it with a carton of peanuts, that’s also not allowed because cheese and peanuts are not the same category.

There are staff training issues here in Baltimore, too. Out of the three ALDIs I stop at, hardly anyone can do the double guarantee properly. That means I first have to go through checkout with just my double guarantee replacement, then shop for everything else, and go through the checkout line again. Even if I just want to return something, but not replace it, I have still had issues an a couple occasions trying to return and pay for everything else at the same time.

1 Like

How ridiculous for you. My experience doesn’t resemble yours at all. I was in Aldi last night picking up a few jarred items and asked the warehouse Mgr. how the policy works in case my experience was a one off or the policy had changed or I didn’t properly recall the last return I made. Nope.

That’s odd because parts of the policy seem to be enforced by the computer here. A few days ago, I forgot the replacement had to be another Aldi-brand item, and the cashier couldn’t figure out why it wasn’t going through. I remembered, ran back and got an Aldi-label item, and it went through no problem. By the time I had returned, the shift manager was explaining to the new cashier the details of the policy.

I don’t doubt your experience. It only varies from my own. There is only one Aldi near me so I cant compare.

From the Aldi app.

We believe we have the best quality products around. We’ve designed and tested our brands to meet or exceed the national brands in taste and quality. We’re so confident in our products that every item in our stores is backed by our unbeatable Twice as Nice Guarantee. *

If for any reason you are not 100% satisfied with a product, we will gladly replace the product AND refund your money. * To receive the Twice as Nice Guarantee, the product packaging and any unused product must be returned to your local ALDI store manager. **

*Please note that in some regions, a receipt may be required to receive a cash refund. Customers who do not provide a receipt at those stores will receive an ALDI gift card equal to the current retail price of the returned item.
**The Twice as Nice Guarantee does not apply to non-food ALDI Finds items, alcohol, national brands and non-quality related issues.

What I dont read is the replacement needs to be identical plus the refund.

This is the week Aldi in my area reopens a larger store. We rec’d a $5.00 off coupon in the mail to use at the same time a very shiny new Lidl is opening on the same highway with grand opening prizes and giveaways.

The boxing match has officially begun! Aldi, you better work on a more comprehensive phone app, Lidl has already won the warmup round.