Advise on a Really Good French Restaurant near Boston Medical.

Celebrating a very special birthday with friends. Birthday boy requested a French restaurant. Needs to be close to BMC. Need help selecting the right one. Suggestions?
Thanks,
CocoDan

Petit Robert Bistro on Columbus Ave in the South End. http://www.petitrobertbistro.com

2 Likes

Bar Lyon is my favorite French restaurant in that area. Menu offerings range from typical to adventurous, all well executed, and in a lovely setting with quite good service.

2 Likes

What bout Gaslight and Aquataine?
CocoDan

It’s been a few years but I remember Gaslight being quite good too. Although I recall being disappointed by their French onion soup.

Never been to Aquitaine.

I think they are both punishingly loud. Have acoustics been improved at either place?

I second Aquitaine. We used to be regulars when our spring onion studied ballet around the corner, now we visit perhaps twice a year. But they seem to be able to sustain excellence. It certainly can be lively but I don’t ever recall finding the noise level oppressive.

Reporting back: Went to Gaslight. Not real busy on a Wednesday night but still a little noisy. We could still have a sane conversation. Service was good and the room is pleasantly decorated. Loved the zinc bar. Cocktails (a little pricey at $16.50 for a martini), and wine by the glass ( a decent selection), was all good. French baguette and butter better than good. Apps were escargots and d’endive salad which was enough for 3 people. Both were very good and would order both again. Mains were moules, boeuf bourguignon and lemon sole. All three very satisfying. Desert was chocolate mousse (what else, my favorite). Time for a nap!
Really Enjoyed,
CocoDan

5 Likes