Acme Super Markets in NJ S*ck

I don’t understand how Stop and Shop stays open. They are so expensive when compared with ShopRite directly across the street. And I’ve always been disappointed with their produce.

Over price and just the overall quality of the stores, Shop Rite blows Stop and Shop out of the water. For them having been in head to head competition for so many years I don’t know how Stop n Shop has stayed in business.

(FYI in the Stop n Shop mall is Demarco’s deli, one of the best deli’s in the area. Used to be an awesome Italian deli but since moving into the strip mall from the stand alone building in the parking lot they cut way back on their prepared foods. I assume the opening of Livoti’s up the road really hit their business. Anyway great subs!! )

Agreed on those sandwiches and we recently went to a party where they catered from Demarco’s. Super delicious. Maybe this belongs in another thread but any tips on where I can find really good cured meats (salami, sopressata etc) and cheeses? I love to buy this stuff for my dad but Livoti’s and Demarco’s were a severe disappointment.

Try Ferrucci’s in Little Silver and maybe even Sickles.

Thanks - I’ve never been to Ferrucci’s and went to Sickles once. Completely forgot about them. Good tips!

You may want to check this one out

1 Like

Please report back! :slight_smile:

Someone on this board (begging forgiveness, poster) reported that Gianna’s in Atlantic Highlands makes their own soppressata.

Fair Haven Acme is downright frightening. I avoid it. The one in Little Silver is convenient and does have a good selection of gluten free items. But I do most of my shopping either at Trader Joe’s, Whole Foods or Sickles Market (I do like their meats but pricey.) Also like Stop and Shop.

1 Like

Fair haven is probably the biggest waste land of food I’ve ever seen. I can’t believe an affluent town can be such a wreck. Lol

It’s true. Not even decent restaurants. That sushi place is the worst.

The nauvoo fire place is one perk :slight_smile:

True, but their menu is so boring.

Tavolo Pronto is pretty good. Have had their food at beach club and thought it was good, so there’s that!!

giphy

So - to add to the I hate Acme theme - where I live in Northern Westchester we had a monster storm on Tuesday. Where I live was on the outskirts but there were 4 small tornadoes. When the power was restored I went to the little Acme in my neighborhood just to get a couple of things for breakfast and they had no perishables. They were restocking the shelves. Seriously - a supermarket with no generator? Must have cost them a fortune in losses!

Insurance would cover the loss, most stores carry spoliage endorsements. And in my experience most stores do not have generators

That’s true - didn’t think of that - duh!

Anybody around here like Livottis?

I occasionally shop at the Marlboro Livoti’s for vegetables. But the one thing I really like is their sensational marzipan rainbow cookies, my all-time favorite cookie. For that alone, I’m thrilled to have Livoti’s five minutes from our house.

Eeeuuuwww !