A week of my lunches Part Deux [Greater Boston area]

7 Likes

Fun to read. I’m impressed at the geographic territory that your lunches cover. You really get out and about!

2 Likes

Thanks! I thought this would be a fun way to do a post.

3 Likes

Fun to follow. I would eat any of your choices, but not in one week!

2 Likes

Really enjoyed that report, thanks. Now I’m hungry!

Great write-up! You were up in my neck of the woods for several meals.

My company does a Friday lunch for those of us in the office (anywhere from 12-18, depending on who’s taking PTO for a long weekend or WFH). I’ve been looking for new places to try as we’re getting tired of those who still deliver. (Our usual go-tos are Jaimes, Jade Restaurant, J&M Subs, Chama Express…although they seemed to be closed this past Friday with no reason given on their voice mail, so I pivoted to Stachey’s Pizza just up the road from us.)

Pita Thyme looks like a great alternative…that Steak Kebab Plate looks perfect! It’s on my radar for next Friday. Thanks!

5 Likes

Thanks! You can do a search on the blog for North Andover. Lobster Tail in North Andover has an excellent lunch Shrimp Plate. Their fries are excellent.

1 Like

Thanks! Another great post!

Last night we did dinner from Pablo’s Tacos & Burritos food truck. He parks on Merrimack Street in Lawrence in the same lot as Salvatore’s restaurant.
Was pretty good, 2 gorditas, one al pastor the other pulled pork, an order of flautas and tamales.
I am not a tamale fan but my husband was very happy with them . Everything was fresh, well seasoned. We will definitely be back. He does have barria tacos on the menu which I’m not familiar with but seem to be popular.

Also now in NA is the Friendly Toast which might be a Friday lunch consideration.

7 Likes

@Ferrari328 We had Pita Thyme deliver lunch on Friday for 18 of us. Other than a bit of delay in delivery, everyone seemed to enjoy their lunch.

A lot of people ordered the falafel plates with various sides, a couple chicken shawarmas, some kebab plates, some wraps. I got the kefta kebab plate with vermicelli rice, spicy potatoes, and fattoush salad. I was amazed at the amount of food; I couldn’t finish it all (although I was also not feeling well and ended up leaving soon after lunch). The potatoes were just spicy enough, the kefta well seasoned, the fattoush a nice cooling way to cut the light spicing on the potatoes and kefta.

The online ordering makes it easy to parse out what each person gets (as long as they told me on the sign up sheet…sure enough, had to go back to many asking which sauce they wanted, if any), and I like that you can add an employee’s name in the notes section. Each lunch was in its own bag with their name on it, so easy distribution to all.

We’ll definitely be ordering from them again!

6 Likes